October 28, 2016
Sisters and Brothers,
The Fleet Service Committee met with American Airlines this week in Dallas/Fort Worth.
During this week’s session, the following articles were exchanged and discussed:
- Overtime – We exchanged our counter proposal with the company and are awaiting their response. The major issues include: how overtime is proffered and recorded, premium rates, and qualifiers.
- Vacations – We exchanged our counter proposal with the company and are awaiting their response. The issues have been narrowed down to vacation accrual and vacation selections for bidding.
- Part-Time Employees – We exchanged our counter proposal and received the company’s counter proposal. The only issue remaining is the part-time employee ratio.
- Limited Duty – We did not exchange a proposal with the company during this session; we are currently finalizing our counter proposal.
- Reduction in Force – We received the company’s proposal on this article and held discussions; there was no agreement on the company’s proposal as it does not afford our membership the right opportunities to further their employment options.
- Recall – We received the company’s proposal on this article and there is no agreement at this time.
There has been no exchange of proposals regarding Recognition and Scope, Medical Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Seniority, Transfers/Vacancies, Classifications, and new Compensation Rates.
|Shift Differential||Preamble||Training, Travel Pay and Meal Per Diem|
|Grievance Procedures||Leaves of Absence||Meal Periods|
|Representation||Field Work||System Board of Adjustment|
|Uniforms||Absence from Duty||No Strike No Lockout|
|Fitness for Duty||Bulletin Boards||Probation|
|Safety and Health||Purpose of Agreement||Termination of Employment|
|Shift Trades||Furlough Benefits||Work Schedules|
The following negotiation dates have been scheduled for the remainder of the year:
- Week of November 7th – LAS
- Week of November 14th – DFW
- Week of December 5th – DCA
- Week of December 12th – LAS
Mark Baskett, Mike Fairbanks, Pete Hogan,
Tim Hughes, Steve Miller, Brian Oyer,
Pat Rezler, Art Risley, Andre Sutton,
Rodney Walker, Bill Wilson, Tim Murphy