District Lodge 141 Legislative and MNPL Director Dave Roderick gives a summary of activities at the 2019 IAMAW Legislative Conference that took place on May 6th through May 8th in Washington, DC. Delegates heard from elected officials and candidates for president and also visited the offices of their representatives to talk about issues that are important to Machinists Union members. The implementation of the FAA Re-Authorization Act of 2018, protection of the rights of workers to organize, repeal of “right to work” laws and restoring pay to federal contractors who were furloughed during the government shutdown were among the top issues that were discussed with lawmakers.
- United Sued Again for Furloughs After Taking CARES Act Billions Intended to Prevent Cuts to Jobs, Pay on
- Union Members at American Get $3,000 Bonuses This Week on
- A Slow but Steady Airline Recovery is Happening on
- The Time to Prepare is Now on
- Ranking Republican on House Ways and Means Committee: Airline Furloughs Under CARES Act “Inappropriate.” on