April 14, 2016
Sisters and Brothers:
The TWU-IAM Association Fleet Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines during the week of April 11th in Dallas. While the Association reconciled each union’s agreements months ago, the company continues to pass proposals containing language that we feel is not in the best interest of our joint membership.
This week, we exchanged the following proposals with the company:
- Leaves of Absence – The committee made the first pass and finally received a counter- proposal from the company on this article. After several passes, we have made critical improvements to this article.
- Meal Periods – The committee passed the first proposal on March 23rd. Following six passes back and forth, the committee, after reviewing and making our final proposal, was also able to improve this article.
- Sick Leave – The committee presented the company with our initial proposal and we are awaiting their response.
- Temporary Employees – The parties have exchanged initial proposals on this article and have yet to reach an agreement – our views on this particular article are at odds with that of American Airlines, and we are committed to continued negotiations.
- Hours of Service – The committee passed its proposal on March 24th and we are awaiting the company’s response.
The Fleet Committee reached tentative agreements (TAs) on the following articles:
- Leaves of Absence – The TA on this article is an improvement upon both current IAM and TWU agreements and addresses many of the concerns expressed by the membership.
- Meal Periods – The TA on this article is an improvement upon both current IAM and TWU agreements.
- Shift Differential/Shift Definition–TheTA on this article was reached after multiple passes between the company and the committee.
Future Fleet negotiations dates and locations are as follows:
- Week of April 25 in DCA
- Week of May 9 in DCA
- Week of May 16 in DFW
- Week of May 23 in DFW
- Week of June 13 in DFW
- Week of June 20 in DCA
- Week of June 27 in DFW
Mark Baskett, Mike Fairbanks, Pete Hogan,
Tim Hughes, Mike Mayes, Steve Miller,
Brian Oyer, Pat Rezler, Art Risley,
Andre Sutton, Rodney Walker, Bill Wilson