Notifications
Clear all

District 141 Metal Wings  

Eric Price
(@eric)
Member Admin
24/03/2020 2:55 pm  

Here are some of the emblems that we use at 141. A year ago, we moved away from the golden feathered wings and propeller motifs in favor of a more modern look. Victor Hernandez also wanted something that would call to mind military service and honor veterans. 

What I ended up with was the "Chrome Wings" emblem, which is an old design from the 40's. A version of this was used by the Army and Air Force (the Air Force was part of the Army back then). Southwest Airlines uses a version of this motif, as well, so it's very well established in aviation. 

Tim Dyer liked
Eric Price
(@eric)
Member Admin
24/03/2020 2:57 pm  

Here is some artwork of the IAMAW Emblem. This one is in color and I added some dramatic-feeling shadows and lighting.

Tim Dyer liked
ReplyQuote
Eric Price
(@eric)
Member Admin
24/03/2020 3:03 pm  

Most of the people I talk to call this design "Sprocket" wings. A lot of local lodges in our district use a version of this design, hopefully, they can use this.

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Eric Price

ReplyQuote
Eric Price
(@eric)
Member Admin
24/03/2020 3:09 pm  

I made this as a favor to Kim Schlageter in EWR. They're over in 142, and mostly flight attendants. The red sections of the wings are partially transparent, so if you download this some of the backgrounds will come through in the image. I thought that made a neat-looking effect. 

Tim Dyer liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Departments >>

Airlines and Contracts >>

ORG Chart and Local Lodges >>

IAM141 Admin >>

District Events >>

Union Forms Library >>

IAM141

IAMAW District Lodge 141
1771 Commerce Drive, Suite 103