How do I know when I really have a problem?

We all have ups and downs. It’s not always easy to decide when to ask for help. Your District 141 EAP representative can help you determine whether you need to take action. Remember, it’s better to deal with a problem before it becomes overwhelming.
Ask yourself these questions.
Do I think about the problem frequently or, am I always worried about the same thing?
Am I just telling myself the problem “isn’t that bad and it’ll just go away,” but it doesn’t?
Do I feel tired, frustrated, depressed, angry or sick?
Is my job performance or dependability being affected?
Do I feel like giving up?

What services does EAP provide?

Your District 141 EAP coordinator will work with you to find a resource that most appropriately addresses your situation, and to develop a plan of action to meet your needs.
The EAP representative will also follow up with you to ensure that you are getting the help you need and that you are satisfied with the referral.

With what kind of problems can EAP help?

The EAP is staffed by mental health professionals who are experienced at helping employees with a range of personal problems.
Depression / Anxiety
Grief & Loss
Alcohol / Drug Dependence
Addictive Behavior
Sexual Abuse
Debt Management
Elder Care
Trauma Reactions
Domestic Violence
Eating Disorders
Child / Teen Conduct
Marital Relationships

What will this cost?

The services of District 141 EAP itself are free.
If referral to a community service provider is necessary, your EAP representative will work with you to make effective use of health insurance benefits.

Is District 141 EAP really confidential?

The program is voluntary and confidential.(There are rare exceptions to confidentiality required by the laws of your community).
You are in control of the course of action you decide to take. Your District 141 EAP coordinator will work with you to find a course of action that works for your situation.